<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

15:28
Question for the academic programming types 

I'm thinking about doing an object oriented library for mathematical uses. What programming language should I be writing in? I'm leaning towards Java because of its obvious cross-platform benefits and cleaner object-oriented model than C++ but it seems C++ could give me greater efficiency in use of computing resources (because, after all, if I'm breaking down and using a computer to do the math, it's gonna be stuff which takes a lot of computing and time). Or is there some other OO language out there which will give me even better cross-platform interoperability (and future-proofing) than C++ or Java?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise