<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

22:21
100 things about me in 100 days: #14 & #15 

Here's a couple of music things:

14. I taught myself to play the piano before I started kindergarten. Granted it wasn't much more than a single song, which I was happy to play over and over again. My parents on the other hand were less excited about hearing this particular 8-note song repeated ad infinitum, so they sent me to piano lessons, more out of self-defense than anything else, I suspect.

15. I learned to read music about the same time that I learned to read. It must have been a bit later since I couldn't have learned the abovementioned song without some reading skills, although I suppose I just needed to be able to identify numbers and connect them with the pictures. One consequence of this is that I really have no memories of not being able to read words or music (although cursive was a mystery to me until the 3rd grade).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise