<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

07:52
100 things about me in 100 days: #20 

Well, let's see, I've got 81 things to go, and since I'm working chronologically, and I've just about finished my first 5 years of life, that means that for the remaining 32.5 years of my life, I need to have 2-3 items for my life. So let's talk a bit about me as a 6-year-old

20. (Inspired by my wife) I led the reading section for the smart kids in first grade while the teacher taught the rest of the class. Because I was reading so well, the teacher decided that the best thing to do was to have me be the teacher for the other 3-4 kids who were able to read above grade level and lead them through more advanced readings. And for some reason, a bunch of six year-olds happily sat in a small group in the back of the room and read together while the other kids had to memorize bizarre fruit-color-phoneme associations. I never understood that aspect of phonetics as it was taught in 1974, but then, since I already read, it didn't matter much.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise