<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

21:06
The cosmopolis curse 

I've been to Cosmopolis several times in my past. And it always ends the same. I just have to leave. Sometimes I last a week, sometimes, like this time around just a couple of days, but I need to get out of here. In theory, Cosmopolis should be my kind of place. Heck, when I arrived Monday evening, I walked around and thought, I could live here (which would be good since two of the potential good PhD institutions I could attend are in the Cosmopolis area). But it didn't last. So tomorrow morning, I check out early from the YMCA and head back to Megalopolis. I'll stop and visit some friends on the way home, so it will be a full day of travel for me, most likely stopping for dinner somewhere on the way home, but I'm done with the workshop.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise