<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

13:29
Small things I've learned in 2005: Shorter is better 

I had a very long daily routine in my initial attempts to be a good Flylady. It was too long. And it wasn't really prioritized. I never got through the whole thing, and the less that I did, the more likely I was to just blow off the routine. My new routine is about half as long. And I'm setting it up so that the first things on the list are the first things that should be done. My new daily routine looks like:
  1. Make Bed
  2. Shower
  3. Get Dressed
  4. Blinds
  5. Feed Cats
  6. Cat Water
  7. Clean Litterbox
  8. Shave
  9. Cat hair
  10. Comics/News
  11. Sink Clean
  12. Hot Spots
  13. Workout
  14. 15 Minutes of house cleaning
  15. Diary
I need to add a before-bed checklist, which will include making sure that the sink is empty and dishes are put away, a re-clean of the litterbox (yes, we're doing it twice a day now), bedtime snacks for the monsters and checking tomorrow's to-do list.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise